A HOME FOR YOUR FAMILY - A HOME FOR THE SOUL
Rabbi Robert L. Tobin, the spiritual leader of B'nai Shalom, has instilled our shul with a warm and inviting family spirit, a steadfast love of Israel, and a deep commitment to Jewish life and learning.
B'nai Shalom is affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism.
B'nai Shalom offers a full schedule of religious services including:
- Weekday Minyanim: Shachrit at 7:00 AM. Maariv at 8:00 PM. To add yourself to the list of people available to ensure that we have a full Minyan please add your name via the Minyan Maker Program. Click Here.
- Kabballat Shabbat is at 7:00 PM in the summer (March-Oct.) and 6:00 PM in the winter (Oct.- March). Oneg Shabbats are scheduled throughout the year.
- Early Family Service, held on the first Friday of each month, usually at 5:30 PM, led by Rabbi Tobin and designed to delight our children. Monthly birthday celebrations.
- Shabbat Services, Saturdays 9:00 AM and Mincha/Maariv at sundown.
- Every week Rabbi Tobin teaches pirkei avot and mishnah between minchah and ma'ariv on Saturday nights.
The Congregational Led Minyan, which is conducted by congregational participants. It meets once or twice a month, Shabbat mornings, Sept.-June, at 9:30 AM.
A Learner's Minyan for beginners to grow familiar with the liturgy.
A monthly Rabbi's Table consisting of learning, challenging discussions, and song led by Rabbi Tobin after Shabbat kiddush.
A HOME FOR THE HEART
B'nai Shalom offers a full range of educational and social programs for children and adults of all ages.
One Bar or Bat Mitzvah is celebrated at a time so every one of our children has the full and undivided attention of family, friends and congregation on this most special of days.
Men and women count equally in all our minyanim, receive aliyot, and fill leadership positions in the Synagogue.
We have special services for children conducted every Shabbat and on holidays, including:
- Shabbat Fun for the littlest members ages 3-5
- Torah and Tefillah for young children ages 5-7
- Mini Minyan for older children ages 8-11
- A post Bar/Bat Mitzvah teen Torah mentoring program
- Our youngest members of the Congregation join the Rabbi on the bima for the conclusion of services
- We also offer periodic Shabbat Services for the developmentally disabled.
On Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur we offer an Alternate Family Service, a full yet abridged service for families of all ages.
Our Purim and Simchat Torah celebrations bring the entire congregation together for joyous prayer, song and celebration.
Men's Club and Sisterhood sponsor a broad range of social and educational activities.
B'nai Shalom offers two youth groups affiliated with the Conservative Movement: Kadima for pre-teens, and USY for teens.
Our award-winning Double Chai (HaZak) Club provides' a special place within B'nai Shalom for Seniors.
Our Social Action Committee has fostered a spirit of tzedakah through a broad range of community service programs.
A HOME FOR THE MIND
The Child's Way -- The Jewish Montessori School. and our Religious School offer Jewish education from pre-school through high school.
The Child's Way -- The Jewish Montessori School. synthesizes Montessori philosophy with a new approach to Jewish early childhood education and introduces pre-schoolers (ages 18 months to 5 years), to Jewish holidays and traditions through fun, games, arts and crafts. Learn More
The Primary Grades (K-2) in our Religious School meet on Sundays and start our young children on their life's journey by generating excitement about Jewish learning and the Hebrew language.
Grades Aleph through Hey (3-7) meets on Saturdays, Tuesdays and Thursdays for further instruction in Hebrew, Jewish history, holidays and traditions, the State of Israel and Jewish life in America and around the world.
Our teens attend Central Hebrew High School for continued Jewish learning.
We also offer a variety of educational programs for adults, including:
- Bar or Bat Mitzvah class
- Mishnah and Talmud classes
- Women's Bible Class
- User-friendly prayer skills class
- A variety of special programs sponsored by The Adult Education Committee