We are an ever-expanding group of women of all ages who enjoy each other’s company. We learn, teach, share, cook, socialize, and perform good deeds to support each other and our synagogue in ways that give us pride and fulfillment. Our synagogue has been transformed into a warm and comfortable place in which to worship, congregate, celebrate, learn, study, shop, and “shmooze” thanks, in large part, to Sisterhood’s presence.
We plan interesting programs and events, and prepare Kiddush luncheons for the holidays. We provide a “helping hand” through our Yad L’ Yad committee where we help to shop, to provide transportation and to visit those in need. We are affiliated with the Women’s League for Conservative Judaism, and actively participate in regional and national activities. In this way, we help to support the Torah Fund campaign to ensure the continuing education of conservative rabbis, cantors and educators at the Jewish Theological Seminary in New York and abroad.
There are always abundant opportunities to participate whether you want to be active or drop-in when time permits. Look for our flyers and informative e-mails. Come as you are and find a comfortable spot in our Sisterhood.
If you have any questions, please contact us at Sisterhood@bnaishalom.net.
B'nai Shalom Sisterhood Board 2013 - 2015
Application for Membership - B'nai Shalom Sisterhood Group
SCRIP - An Important Fundraiser - How To Order
What an easy way to raise money for our Sisterhood! Buy Sisterhood Scrip to Shop Rite (a plastic debit card) and Pleasantdale Butcher with no added cost to you! Pay by credit card and get all your points and miles. You may also pay by check. Enjoy the convenience of a gift card, and support Sisterhood and B’nai Shalom at the same time! To order Scrip, call Bonnie Kessler at 973.994.9578.
The B'nai Shalom Sisterhood Gift Shop is at the entrance to B'nai Shalom's loggia just past the main office. If you have any gift needs for Judaica, please stop at our beautiful store, or call Carol Golub at 973.228.4669 (or e-mail Carol at GiftShop@bnaishalom.net). Or better yet, go to our gift shop page by clicking here.
To order these lovely cards, please contact Leslie Zarember at 973.325.2932. The following messages are available in Tribute Cards:
- Mazel Tov (The Sisterhood of The Jewish Center of West Orange, B'nai Shalom has received a donation with Good Wishes To You on the occasion of: (insert occasion here) from (insert name here)
- A generous donation has been made to the Sisterhood of B'nai Shalom, The Jewish Center of West Orange
- A Donation has been received by the Sisterhood of B'nai Shalom, The Jewish Center of West Orange in memory of (insert name here) from (insert name here)
- On the Happy Occasion of (enter name here) Bar (blue) / Bat (pink) Mitzvah a donation has been received by the Sisterhood of B'nai Shalom, The Jewish Center of West Orange from (insert name here)
- A donation has been received by the Sisterhood of B'nai Shalom, The Jewish Center of West Orange extending best wishes to you.
Torah Fund / Torah Pin
To order a Torah Fund card or to make a donation to the Torah Fund, please click on the links below or contact Donna Burkat @ 973.736.9253.
Yad L’Yad - The Helping Hand Sisterhood Mitzvah Committee
Volunteers are needed to participate in a great mitzvah. Visit the sick, the elderly, the homebound or those in mourning. Help with errands or transportation. If you are able to volunteer your time, if you are in need of a helping hand, or if you know of anyone within our congregation in need of a helping hand, please call the synagogue office at 973.731.0160 or contact one of our co-chairs, Sherry Kirschenbaum (email@example.com - 973.736.3273) or Paula Lipkin (firstname.lastname@example.org - 973.716.9031).